Sombo Prei Kuk Tour VIP:
Sambor Prei Kuk ( Prasat Sambor Prei Kuk) is an archaeological site in Cambodia located in Kampong Thom Province, 30 km (19 mi) north of Kampong Thom, the provincial capital, 176 km (109 mi) east of Angkor and 206 km (128 mi) north of Phnom Penh. The now ruined complex dates back to the Pre-Angkorian Chenla Kingdom (late 6th to 9th century), established by king Isanavarman I as central royal sanctuary and capital, known then as Isanapura (Khmer: ឦសានបុរៈ – Isan borak). In 2017, Sambor Prei Kuk was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Located on the Eastern bank of the Tonle Sap lake, close to the Sen River, the central part of Sambor Prei Kuk is divided into three main groups. Each group has a square layout surrounded by a brick wall. The structures of the overall archaeological area were constructed at variable times: the southern and north groups (7th century) by Isanavarman I, who is considered a possible founder of the city and the central group (later date).
The buildings of Sambor Prei Kuk are characteristic of the Pre-Angkorean period with a simple external plan. The principal material is brick, but sandstone is also used for certain structures. Architectural features include numerous prasats, octagonal towers, shiva lingams and yonis, ponds and reservoirs, and lion sculptures. Sambor Prei Kuk is located amidst mature sub-tropical forests with limited undergrowth.
Sombo Prei Kuk Tour VIP:
The whole compound is made of three clusters classified as group C for Central, N for North and S for South (Michon & Kalay, 2012). They are enclosed in a double-walled encircling 1,000 acre in which there were 150 Hindu temples today mostly in ruins.
- Group N: Prasat Sambor is considered the main temple and it dates from the 7th century. It was dedicated to one of the reincarnations of Shiva known as Gambhireshvara.
- Group S: Prasat Yeah Puon includes 22 sanctuaries dated from the 7th century (600 – 635 AD) during the reign of Isanavarman I in dedication to Shiva.
- Group C: It is occupied by the Central Sanctuary or Prasat Boram with lion sculptures that had inspired the popular name of Prasat Tao (The Lions’ Temple). It is, however, the newest group dating the 9th century. The other main feature is the Tower of Ashram Issey, but there were also other constructions (18 temples) now in ruined.
After the Lon Nol’s coup d’état to Prince Norodom Sihanouk in 1970, US President Richard Nixon ordered a secret bombing of Cambodia to fight the Khmer Rouge guerrillas and any influence of North Vietnam in the country. The US aircraft bombed positions inside the archaeological site, causing craters near the temples, while the guerrillas left several mines on the land that were cleared only in 2008.
This site was added to the UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List on January 1, 1992 in the Cultural category.
*Lets have a look at the Tour Program of Sombo Prei Kuk Tour VIP:
You will be picked at the hotel at 8 o’clock in the morning. We will head on the National Road 6 on the way to Phnom Penh. When we reach Kompong Thom city and Province, we are going to turn left on the way to Preah Vihear Prince. It will take about three and a half hours to get to that temple complex from Siem Reap.
When we arrive the temple at about 11.30 am, we will spend two hours to discover the entire area of Sombo Prei Kuk ruined city and we will have lunch in the temple area.
We will return to Siem Reap at 2 o’clock in the afternoon.
Note : Our lunch will be packed from Siem Reap.
*Cost of Sombo Prei Kuk Tour VIP :
Please select one of our service options below that we arrange for two people only. If you have more than two people, the price will be increased.
1. Service Included : English Speaking Tour Guide, Vehicle ( Lexus or Toyota Camry or Toyota Highlander), Lunch, Entrance Fees, Cold Water and Cold Towels = $..Query Now: email@example.com
2. Service Included : Vehicle with a driver only (Lexus or Toyota Camry or Toyota Highlander), Lunch, Entrance Fees, Cold Water, Cold Towel = $..Query Now: firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Excluded : Things that are not mentioned in the service options above.
*If you are interested in this itinerary or you have any question, please feel free to contact us via :
Tel +855 17 575 793, 86 739 015
Email : email@example.com
WhatsApp : http://+855 17575793
Optional itinerary you maybe like: Preah Vihear Temple Tour VIP